Sunday, November 27, 2011

The start of the season...

...Turkey day!

Thanksgiving 2011
This year we celebrated Thanksgiving with some of Mike's family at our house!  Mike is an awesome cook chef;) and had everything timed and cooked perfectly once again.  I have to give credit to my husband because the man knows how to cook, pretty much anything.  Now, I did contribute with 2 casseroles {I can cook, just don't really care for it} and of course Mike's mom helped a bunch too.  All in all it was a great holiday!
Mike decided to grill the turkey this year...it was awesome!!  











We really do have lots to be thankful for!  Bennett got a clean bill of health at the cardiologist this past week, Mike has a job, we're all for the most part healthy.  Everything happens for a reason, I've learned that in life and truly believe it.


And so the tradition continues, "Charlie" our elf on the shelf made his debut the day after Thanksgiving and the girls are having fun finding him every morning in his new spot;). Except when Charlie "forgets" to change spots...ehem.

But the house is all decorated {I'll share that in a bit} and now I'm working on some cute outfits for a Christmas parade.  I haven't sewn like this in a while (since my dad passed a way) so it's nice to get back to it and have the girls excited to wear something I made.

Looking forward to a good month ahead with more family and friends visiting, parties and birthdays!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving! Our elf showed up on Friday night and has already chosen to land in the same place two days in a row. Maybe you can send me a reminder, and I will send you one =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, our elf on the shelf is named Charlie too :-) He does not arrive at our house till December 1st though. My kids love him. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Adrienne,

    I just wanted to start my telling you your decorations are amazing, so beautiful and easy for other people to re create which is why I am sure you have the following you do. In addition to your home decor tips, you have such a reliability factor that many if not all bloggers strive to have. When I read your "About Me" page, that is what got me. I love your honesty about your situation, your kids and family are your life and you are always working to do better. You seem to use your life struggles and possible questions to help others. I just started my own blog and after reading yours I feel like I have a new inspiration to make people feel connected to what I am writing about. You showed me regardless of our situations, your life as a mother and wife as opposed to mine, a 19 year journalism student in Arizona, we can relate. I can use your strength in facing the trials of life in addition to new ideas for my blog. You relate every day to your family and I love that! "We really do have lots to be thankful for! Bennett got a clean bill of health at the cardiologist this past week, Mike has a job, we're all for the most part healthy. Everything happens for a reason, I've learned that in life and truly believe it." That is such a great mentality. Both your blog and your family are beautiful and I look forward to your future pictures and stories.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts so go ahead and leave a comment!